Big Sur: Bixby Bridge



For our final stop in Big Sur, we went to the Bixby Bridge. Rivaling with the McWay Falls, the Bixby Bridge is another popular destination for Instagrammers. It's about 20 miles north from McWay Falls, by the way.




Completed in 1932, the bridge is made out of reinforced concrete and is more than 250 feet high. I think it's kind of a beautiful juxtaposition of the man-made bridge embedded in the lush greenery and the Pacific coast.

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

5 comments :

  1. I've heard about Big Sur before, I would love
    to visit this place someday c: I didn't know
    this place is popular among IG :P
    Xx Ice Pandora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be so wonderful for you to visit Big Sur one day! You will need to rent a car or have someone that can drive you around though, because public transportation is scarce!

      Delete
  2. Very neat but scary too! Bridges terrify me for some reason lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't walk across the bridge so I didn't peek down from there, but it was actually kinda scary taking these pictures because it's right by the cliffs and there's no nets or fences to hold people back if they fell!

      Delete
  3. The cave beach underneath looks really cool..

    ReplyDelete