Hearst Castle: Guest Suites

“Miss Morgan, we are tired of camping out in the open at the ranch in San Simeon and I would like to build a little something.” - William Randolph Hearst



Well, "a little something" turned into a grand estate! With over 50 bedrooms and nearly 20 entertaining rooms, it was clear that William Randolph Hearst loved to host his famous friends.




Each of the guestrooms we viewed was unique with ornate features. William Randolph Hearst and his architect Julia Morgan paid an homage to the various architectural styles from Europe that William was inspired by during his travels there as a child. Oh, did I mention that he traveled around Europe for 18 months with his mother as a child? Baller.


Anyway, take a look at these gorgeous rooms and tell me you wouldn't want to spend the night there! Ugh, I'm in love with all of the ornate details in these rooms -- especially the ceilings! How I would have loved to be one of his Old Hollywood friends back in the hey day.

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

1 comments :

  1. Gorgeous. I love the rooms. Sometimes the gaudiness of this style turns me off but this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete