The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Soft Opening!)


This past weekend, my husband and I had the wonderful opportunity to get a sneak peek into The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Studios Hollywood! It was a soft opening because it's officially opening about a month later, in April this year.

Hogsmeade


Browsing through wands

The park was closed off from 8pm to 12am, and we bee-lined to Hogsmeade Village. The place was as enchanting and whimsical as we had hoped it would be! My husband and his friends tried the frozen butterbeer -- which was a bit too sweet for my personal taste, but it was definitely worth a try.

We rode on a total of two rides that night: 1) Flight of the Hippogriff (a roller coaster) and 2) Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (simulation ride).

The line for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey was extremely long-- and it was raining that night, so standing for nearly two hours, cold & soaking wet was not very fun-- but...IT WAS SO WORTH IT, GUYS! The holograms and the intricate sets inside Hogwarts were so detailed and full of life. My favorite room was the portrait gallery.

Mr. Weasley's car
Hippogriff statue

The portrait gallery

Dumbledore's office

The ride itself actually made me a bit ill (motion sickness), so I'm not sure if I'd want to ride it again, to be honest! Haha. Hopefully they can improve the ride so that it's not as intense for the jerky movements.


Until next time...!

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

3 comments :

  1. That looks like so much fun! I would love to visit one day too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun fun! We been to the one in Disney World and it was so much fun :) We had so much butter beer! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh it looks so fun! I want to go to the one in UK, another Harry Potter Studio but I'd love to go the Universal Studio as well! Too bad it rained though but glad
    to hear you and your husband had fun c: Xx Ice Pandora

    ReplyDelete