2016 Goals



I know it's the last week of January but...Happy New Year! I hope 2015 was a wonderful year for everyone, and that 2016 will bring us smiles as well.

There have been numerous times when I wanted to share snippets of my daily life on this blog, but I just haven't found the time. It's one of my goals this year to update this blog more consistently.

My other goal is a goal I strive for each year, and I always seem to come up short. I want to improve my overall health. I start off good each year, but somewhere around mid-year, I succumb to my unhealthy habits and I'm back to square one. I'm trying to remind myself not to overexert myself and to keep a steady pace, so as to make it a lifestyle change rather than a "phase." 

So far, January's been a good month. I've started to make it a habit to pack food to take to work, so that I'm not tempted to eat too much junk food throughout the work week. For me, the key to making this a lifestyle change is to go grocery shopping on Friday or Saturday and meal prep for the upcoming work week on Sunday, and again on Wednesday. I admit it's a little more time shaved off of my week, but it has saved me money and it's been fun trying out new recipes (different variations of overnight oats have become my staple snack)!

I've also started to exercise during my lunch break at work (beginner's yoga and zumba)! I initially didn't like the idea of rushing to class and coming back to my desk all sweaty and beet-faced, but you know, it's not so bad. I've been feeling more productive and energized (3PM coffee rituals have become a rare occasion for me). I also have less guilt when I don't have time to exercise in the evening, knowing that I already put in some work during the day.

What are some of your goals for 2016?

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

6 comments :

  1. Hey Cindy, happy belated 2016 c:
    And those are nice healthy 2016 goals!
    Taking food from home is always better than
    eating out because you can get easier lured
    to pick the tastier but unhealthier lunch.
    So keep up with the healthy lifestyle c;
    gambateru! Xx Ice Pandora

    ReplyDelete
  2. go cindy!! i wish you the best! i have hit a runner's block.. well the weather mainly... this snow! and the blizzard has made me consume lots of junk food which now i am regretting lol while the snow clears away i am getting back to doing workouts at home.. well hopefully i'll start tomorrow as today i'll be spending the entire day cleaning my home (that can be considered exercising?lol) -- high five to us both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane! The weather (and all that snow!!!!!) can make it difficult to run, I'm sure! I don't think I'd be brave enough to handle the freezing air. You are a trooper! Are you still using that step thing indoors? & yes, I would count cleaning as exercising :)

      Delete
  3. Okay... I literally was just working on a a similar post... even though Jan is practically over with! haha Better late than never! Being more consistent working out and eating better is one of mine too.... I def go through phases... and right now I'm in a slump because the weather's been so cold. I have not motivation. And I need to cut back on sweets/snacking! I totally negate the time and hard work at the gym sometimes with my over snacking! :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm rooting for you, Jess! We can do it :)

      Delete