TBT: First week at kindergarten


TBT: My first week at kindergarten. I think it was September 1990. That's me on the right in the pink dress, Shannon in the middle, and Alison on the left.

The three of us met during the first week of kindergarten and we became good friends. In particular, Alison and I are actually childhood best friends, all the way from kindergarten to the 8th grade. We gradually drifted apart in high school because we weren't in any classes together and had different extracurricular activities, and hence, had different groups of friends & schedules. We've still actually maintained a great relationship after all these years -- we celebrate each other's birthdays and arrange to meet up for dinner to catch up every now and then. 

We have so many memories together, Alison and I. We laugh about certain events from our lives whenever we get together. But oddly enough, our first memories of how we met are so different! We still can't decide on which memory is correct:

My version of how we met -- I was playing on the jungle gym, and I saw a girl coming towards me from the other side. I said, "Hi! Would you want to be my friend?" and the rest is history.

Alison's version of how we met -- we were inside the classroom, and we were both playing with a wooden toy of some sort. She suggested, "Let's be friends!" and the rest is history.

I guess either way, it doesn't matter. I'm just glad we met and that we've been friends for this long!

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

4 comments :

  1. LOL! So funny how you both have different versions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the two versions are *so* drastically different too! (> v <) Makes me laugh because we usually have vivid/clear memories, but I guess the memory of our first encounter is fuzzy!

      Delete
  2. Haha, I think it's funny that both of you got a total different
    story of becoming friends, but most importantly you became friends!
    What a long friendship one too c: Xx
    Ice Pandora

    p.s. I got your package! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad the parcel got to you safely and on time! xx

      Delete