Happy Thanksgiving

Hi. It's been a while.

Life threw a curve ball at me near the end of August and I have to say, the last four months has been really tough for me in all aspects imaginable. To make a long story short, it was a domino effect of immense work stress spilling over into my personal life.  I was withdrawn, anxious, and depressed. I was a wreck.

But now I'm finally starting to get back to my old self again, and it feels good.

The timing of it all seems even more appropriate, being that tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I can honestly say how thankful I am for the experiences, memories, and surrounding people I've been fortunate enough to have thus far. I'm not sure if I could've genuinely said the same thing even just two months ago. That is the interesting thing about life; you never really know what's coming your way, but time will usually heal things. It helps to have good people (and a special dog!) around you too :)

I want to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving. & I promise to catch up on all your previous blog posts gradually!

All the best,
C


Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

8 comments :

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! Hopefully you are ending off your year on a positive note!

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. Oh I have been thinking about you from time to time! I thought you got incredibly busy. So sorry to hear what happened but glad to see that you're going back to your old self again. I have moments similar to this -- where I'll feel so off and completely lose my groove and feel incredibly sad and I literally don't want to do anything. And then I start connecting every single thing that is happening in my life and convince myself that it's something to stress about and I get all anxious because I need to solve it but can't and then feel completely helpless. Ah.. those moments always get the better of me. But totally agree about being thankful for good friends and dogs. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's definitely an unsettling feeling.

      That hopeless feeling...Which oftentimes turns into anxiety, panic attacks, frustration, and then slowly, being numb. :(

      But, I'm glad we have good people & dog(s) surrounding us to cheer us up when moments like this happen!

      Delete
  3. Dear Cindy, I'm happy to see a post of you!
    Happy Thanksgiving c:
    And I'm sorry to read that work stress has
    taking it's toll, but I'm glad you're backing up!
    Keep smiling c: xx Ice Pandora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mei! Good to hear from you :)

      Delete