Souvenirs from Tahiti



I caught up with my best friend, Y,  over a nice dinner & coffee on last Friday night. She just returned from her honeymoon in Tahiti and we ooh-ed and ahh-ed at all the lovely photos she took. I love that she giddily shared details of the trip to me. Like, how their bungalow was situated right over the ocean, so they fell asleep listening to the sound of the ocean lightly crashing. Plus, they had a glass coffee table inside the bungalow where you could literally see into the ocean {so cool}! On their last night there, they enjoyed a fancy five course French dinner in the comfort of their balcony, overlooking the ocean under the stars. So romantic!

Y and I have this tradition of getting each other souvenirs, whether on a "big" or "small" trip, since we were in middle school. For me in particular, it's one of the things I actually look forward to when I'm on a trip somewhere. I'm like "Oh, Y would love this!" or "This reminds me of Y."



From their trip from Tahiti, Y brought back a lovely scented soap and Monoi Tiki Tahiti, which is  a blend of coconut oil, with a delicately scented essence of Tiare, aka Tahitian Gardenia. The Monoi Tiki Tahiti can be used for a myriad of things, such as a skin moisturizer, bath oil, subtle perfume, and as a hair treatment for dry and damaged hair. I'll definitely be using more of this during the late fall to winter, when my skin and hair is extremely dry.



That Hawaiian gingerbread man dog biscuit is not from Tahiti, but I saw it over the weekend at the local pet shop and thought it was so cute! Of course, Louie didn't care an ounce if it was cute or not, and gobbled it up as soon as I gave it to her.

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

6 comments :

  1. Their honeymoon sounds amazing! :) I can't get enough of Louie's cute face! >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thank you, Jane! Looking at her photos from Tahiti gave me pure travel envy!

      Delete
  2. Aw, sounds like such a romantic honeymoon...a lot like my Maldivian one actually (though that feels like a gazillion years ago!) So sweet of her to bring back such lovely presents for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'd love to visit the Maldives one day! What was your favorite part about the place?

      Delete
  3. I do the same thing with my best friend: buying gifts whenever we go on
    a trip :P
    Your best friend sure sounds having a great honeymoon! The gingerbread
    man cookie is soooooo cute!! Xx
    Ice Pandora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that gingerbread hula man the cutest thing?! I wish I was good with sugar icing; if I was, I'd dress up my gingerbread men (and/or girls) according to the holidays/seasons year round!

      Delete