Saturday in Downtown Los Angeles

I had the pleasure of catching up with a dear friend over brunch in downtown Los Angeles on Saturday. The cafe was literally in the center of the flower district, so after our meal, we stopped by the wholesale lots and were in awe with the abundance of gorgeous flowers and cute little succulents. There were so many interesting flowers and plants to choose from. I had no idea that kale is used in floral arrangements, but they are actually quite interesting and beautiful to look at!

 

I have a soft spot for hydrangeas, but I decided to purchase an arrangement of pink and white lisianthus, while my friend purchased a bouquet of sunflowers and gerberas.





My friend is a big fan of Salt & Straw, which is an ice cream company founded in Portland, Oregon. We caught wind that they were opening their second location in Los Angeles in the Arts District soon and that they would be operating from an ice cream truck until construction was finalized, so we headed over there. It was the perfect day for ice cream, since it was close to 98 degrees outside. Not pictured but devoured, I had their avocado-strawberry sorbet, and my friend had the roasted strawberry with the toasted white chocolate ice cream.



Afterwards, we visited our friend and her baby, little "E." She is one of the cutest babies I have ever met. I imagine that her dad will have a difficult time protecting her from potential boyfriends when she grows up, eventually! I'm really happy to see that little "E"'s momma is doing well herself, and she is gradually adjusting to being a working momma now.



As I enjoyed my toast & espresso jam (so delish) later in the day , I reflected on how thankful I am that I got to spend time with these lovely folks this Saturday. xx


Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

6 comments :

  1. The lissys are a great choice! I had them in my wedding bouquet and love them. Baby E is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone has a soft spot for the particular flowers that were used in their wedding bouquets. I had white hydrangeas in mine, and that's why I'll always have a soft spot for them, haha. What color lisianthus did you use for your wedding bouquet?

      Delete
  2. i remember a friend of mine was a huge fan of the flower district. she even went and picked her own flowers for her wedding on the morning of for the center pieces and stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend's friend did the same! I think I would've been way too stressed if I did that for my own wedding...but I wouldn't mind doing that for a party or dinner event (something a bit more low-key)!

      Delete
  3. I love flowers ^_^ They really cheer me up!
    And what? Avocado ice cream?? I would
    loooove to try that out! :P XX
    Ice Pandora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The avocado ice cream was soooo good! I thought it would be kinda heavy & rich, but it was very refreshing!

      Delete