Summer of 2015

I think it's been about a month since my last post. Oops.

The truth of the matter is, I simply didn't feel like writing. 

I was either too caught up or too tired with what was happening that day, or was unmotivated to set aside time to write here. Do you ever feel like that sometimes?.

Life has been pretty much the same -- not many changes for me, but on the other hand, I've witnessed a lot of growing up around me. Take for instance...

  • My best friend Y got married in mid-June and I was so happy to be a part of it. She's now off to her honeymoon! I'll update on her wedding in another post {so many DIY details!}.


  • Last weekend, my little niece performed at a local festival with her pom-pom/cheer leading squad, ranging from age 5 to 12. They are so cute and extremely talented! I am extremely proud of her! She can do back flips and cartwheels like it's no big deal, and I'm over here like, "I can barely touch my toes while I'm stretching..." LOL. 


  • My friend recently received her Ph.D., so she's been traveling around various parts of Europe for the last three weeks. She's been sending me photos, and looks like she's having a wonderful time. It makes me so happy to see her happy!


  • Speaking of Europe, my sister-in-law visited Poland recently with her boyfriend. Poland wasn't on my radar of places I'd like to visit, but after seeing her photos, I'd love to go one day. It looks very clean, historic, and also modern.


So far, summer seems pretty swell this year for those around me. I've had a pretty laid back one so far, and that probably suits me well. When I have energy and time, my hubby and I like to take Louie to our hiking spot. Most weekends, I'm just catching up with house work and running errands. Sometimes we venture out to go shopping and eat out. I like the sereneness of it all, though.  










How's your summer been so far?


Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

6 comments :

  1. Children are so flexible aren't they?! Glad to hear your summer has been lovely...and welcome back to blogging! There are definitely times where I don't feel like writing too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trishie! Yes, children are so flexible {although, come to think of it...I think I have always been pretty stiff my entire life, lol}. I need to stretch more often.

      Delete
  2. I so don't want summer to end! I do love the relaxation and I don't mind the heat one bit although I do feel bad for the doggies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love summer time. I think my two favorite things about summer is that it's still relatively bright outside when I'm leaving work {it's all psychological, but I feel like there's more time for me to accomplish things when it's still bright outside} and I love all the summer fruits and vegetables in season at the local farmers markets!

      Delete
  3. It is ok to take a break from blogging c:
    It is summer after all right!
    I'm relieved nothing bad happen to you
    due your hiatus so that's good c:
    Poland was never a country of interest
    for me but since a lot of people went
    there and showed me pictures and
    stories I am now really intrigued about
    this country!
    Xx Ice Pandora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same for me, Poland was never on my list of "must visit" countries until my sister-in-law shared her photos and experiences with me!

      Delete