DIY Tub Tea Favors

There are days when I am very tired and/or stressed and I feel too blank/numb to do anything. When I'm in a funk like that, I like to de-stress by taking a long bath or by soaking my feet in warm to hot water with a mixture of epsom salt and essential oils. My favorite essential oil to use when I'm stressed is lavender. It's known to soothe and calm the mind, and has anti-inflammatory benefits too {e.g. to treat mild headaches, which I get often}. Epsom salt is great for soothing aches as well. This process usually works wonders for me -- I feel refreshed and much happier afterwards.

Recently, I could tell my mom wasn't feeling like herself. So I made her my epsom salt + lavender bath mix & brought over some flowers to cheer her up. After she used the bath mix for a few days, she told me she actually felt less anxious and more relaxed. That was the first time I saw her smile in a week.

I think it's the simple things that keeps us going. The random "Hello!"s and the "I was thinking about you"s. So I decided then that I wanted to make more of the bath mix and send it to the ladies that have been working hard and might need a little "me" time to unwind and relax.

I made a big batch and sent it to some of my blogger friends, to my local friends, and to some of my co-workers. It was a hit and so I decided to make more as favors for Y's bridal shower. I usually eyeball how much ingredients to add to the mix when it's just for me, but I decided to follow instructions from Homemade Gifts Made Easy, since I would be handing these out as favors. Here's how you can make your own tub tea in no time!




Things to gather:

1 cup epsom salt
1 cup oatmeal -- use a food processor to grind it up
a small bouquet of flowers {I used lavender for another batch} -- use a food processor to grind up the flower petals
approximately 20 drops of essential lavender oil
empty, new tea bags {I bought mine at a Japanese market}




Mix together the epsom salt, oatmeal, and flowers in a mixing bowl.
 

Add the essential lavender oil. Add the mixture into an empty tea bag.



You could stop there, but I decided to download the tea bag tags and the pillow boxes from Homemade Gifts Made Easy to dress it up.








What is your favorite way to unwind?



Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

8 comments :

  1. Cindy I feel so fortunate to have received one of these so I can clearly see the love that has gone into it. I must use mine soon, it has been ages since I've had the chance for a leisurely soak in the bath...

    Many thanks again, you are seriously one of the sweetest and loveliest person I know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure, Trishie! You are so kind and hard-working & I wanted to let you know how much you are appreciated :)

      Delete
  2. I mean seriously the best! I used mine for my feet because I feel like they feel battered throughout the day so it was incredibly soothing to relax with these. Thank you again so so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Happy to hear that you were able to use them :)

      Delete
  3. A-ha! Now we all know your secret of making these precious
    little gifts :P Thank you again Cindy! I was really happily
    surprised ^___^ Xx
    Xx http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so adorable! I can see why they were such a hit with all of your friends. Maybe I'll do this around Christmas time as small presents. c:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That would be so awesome if you made them as small gifts for Christmas for your friends and family! It's very simple to make {you can even make some extra for yourself *wink*} :)

      Delete