Hoop art #1: Ball So Hard

I've been both in awe and envious of people with their cross stitch skills for some time now. In particular, Rie from Instagram is ah-mazing at cross stitching and I hope to one day acquire nearly as much skill and talent as her. You might remember her work from last year on this blog; she hand-sewed an embroidery of Louie for me and made me a small tote bag and a matching makeup pouch :)

I looked at some sites and tutorials, hoping to learn how to cross stitch on my own. Sadly, I just didn't get it...Haha. All the tutorials I looked at seemed to go from "OK, here's a blank aida fabric, hoop, needle, and thread." to "Just make some X's with your thread." and then jumped to "Here's my beautiful project!" In retrospect, that's basically what I ended up doing too, but I needed a little more clarification on how to get started. So, I purchased a cross stitch kit from Jim Jam Crafts on Etsy. The pattern is a funny reference to pop culture (Kanye/Jay-Z lyrics with Waldo).

The entire process took a little time, but I'm super happy with how it turned out! I would totally recommend getting a kit from Jim Jam Crafts if you're a novice like me :) Take a peek {*warning: adult language}:






Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

6 comments :

  1. My my Cindy, what a rebels embroidery work :P
    I love this Find Waldo/Wally character!
    Good luck and have many fun in embroidery c:
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ( > v < ) Haha yes! It's a bit cheeky but in good fun!

      Delete
  2. Lol. So cheeky! I love cross stitch. Easy and therapeutic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I'm hooked and want to make more hoop art.

      Delete
  3. omg! such a great job!!! and that second picture made me laugh out loud!! haha - louie's face expression and the word was just too great of a combination! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Louie, the gangster (not really. actually, not at all. she's timid like me).

      Delete