TBT: Louie's First Day Home (California, 2011)

 
 
 
#ThrowbackThursday
Jane from Winding Ridge Lane has been linking up with Wendy from Want / Need to share Throwback Thursday (TBT) posts, and I decided to join in and link up! I sometimes join in on the #TBT posts on Instagram, but it is my first time as a blog post.

This photo was taken on the first day we brought Louie home from the shelter in the fall of 2011 in California.
 
At this point, we didn't even have a legit name for her -- just nicknames, like "Hey, cutie!" or "Come here, pup." Sometimes, shelter dogs already have names, but since Louie was just found wandering the streets without a collar or a microchip, the shelter didn't have any previous information on her. I thought Miss Piggy would be the perfect name for her because she was always snorting like a piglet, but my husband felt too embarrassed to call her Miss Piggy in public. Haha. Several days later, we decided to name her Louie, after one of our favorite comedians, Louis C.K.  We often get asked why we named her a boy name for a girl dog, and we always reply, "Why not?" :)

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

8 comments :

  1. Omgosh, that face!!! Miss Piggy - lol... I think Louie is perfect. :) Thank you so much for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm so glad I joined in on the fun :) Love your TBT series!

      Delete
  2. Haha Miss Piggy you're too bad :')
    Louie <3 and love your little bloglayout
    change as well! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, to be honest I still call her Miss Piggy from time to time. She tilts her head like she's confused, or sometimes she will simply ignore me (rightfully so). & Thanks for noticing the updated blog layout! Thought it was about time I changed things up here. :)

      Delete
  3. Weee! you joined up! how neat! And I love this story! Miss Piggy! Hahaha oh my goodness that one had me laughing :) Louie is a great name! And why not! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We like the name Louie too :) Although Miss Piggy is a close second, at least in my book. I'm sure my husband thinks differently. Haha.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing the story and photo of Louie. Miss Piggy is a pretty funny name but Louie seems to suit her. I often get asked why Frankie has a boy name too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trishie! I think it's cool that both our girl pups have traditionally boyish names! :)

      Delete