Sewing class #2

I'm on a roll -- sewing wise.


A few weekends ago, I finished the other pillowcase so we now have two matching ones; a his and hers, if  you will. Funny side story -- after I covered our pillows with the freshly washed cases, I left the room for a few minutes. I came back to our room and found Louie lying on our bed pillows --which she never does and knows not to-- so I had to put them in the hamper again.  I guess Louie likes the way the fabric feels. Cute, but not cute, Louie.

This past weekend, I went to class and got started on my reversible beginner's tote bag. I chose a Japanese hexagon-patterned fabric for the outer layer, and a plain turquoise fabric for the inner layer. I like that the outer layer fabric is very sturdy, and has almost of a canvas-like touch. I also fell in love with the colorful patterns, TBH :)


Can I tell you a secret? I don't know if it was because of the 90 degree weather last weekend, or just my overall well being in general, but I was SO exhausted during class. It was really difficult for me to stay focused, even though I wanted to stay on task. I had to re-do several seams because the gap kept widening {because I didn't guide the fabric through the machine as neatly or as firm as I could have the first time around}, and I even broke the needle on the machine :( The instructor was kind enough to replace the needle and reassured me that it happens all the time, but I still felt horrible.


I'm about halfway finished at this point. The next available class is in early April, so I won't be able to complete it until then. Bummer. Oh well, something to look forward to!

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

4 comments :

  1. Oooohhh this Japanese reversible looks cute c;
    Love the pattern too! Don't feel bad or discouraged,
    you're doing fine c: It's a bliss to have a patience
    tutor like yours! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yes, I'm so glad I found this local textile shop -- they have the cutest fabric, a great instructor, and reasonable prices too!

      Delete
  2. oh my gosh! i love your new blog look! :) and you are doing so well with these. and so funny about the pillows. i just caught piri sleeping on both our this morning. he usually just takes one when he feels like it but this morning he wanted to conquer two. i just picked up some supplies for my sewing machine and hope to use it soon. tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've been doing some spring cleaning around the house and thought my blog needed some cleaning up too :) & yayyyyy! I can't wait to see what projects you'll take on with your sewing machine! I'm secretly hoping {and striving for} the day that I'll be comfortable enough to make Louie some pup clothes. Haha. I told my husband about earlier, and he just shook his head.

      Delete