Valentine's Weekend Update

I know it was about a week ago, but I hope everyone enjoyed Valentine's Day {if you celebrate it}! I understand some people go all out and some people don't really care about Valentine's Day. These days, my husband and I are somewhere in the middle, but leaning more towards the "indifferent" spectrum.

Since we're on the topic of Valentine's Day, did you know about the dark origins Valentine's Day, according to NPR? The article was pretty eye opening to me! Sounds like scary times. Good thing we don't live in the ancient Roman times anymore!

My hubby and I exchanged practical gifts that we can both enjoy -- I gifted him with a foam roller and he gifted me with a lavender scented neck pillow and a migraine wrap.


We continued our usual tradition of getting take-out on Valentine's Day and enjoyed a heart shaped pizza from our favorite local pizza place, and a chocolate cupcake with strawberry frosting topped with a chocolate covered strawberry! Yum :)




My mother-in-law brought over a pupcake for Louie, so she had a special treat too. It's so funny, because Louie gobbled up the pupcake right away, before even touching her regular food. She must know to prioritize the "good stuff" before filling up on the usual ole' dog food, just like us humans.








My mother-in-law also brought over a gift basket with soup mixes and soup cups, kitchen towels, and Snoopy Crunch chocolates. She is so sweet!



Oh, and Louie's stitches were finally removed. She is back to normal, thank goodness! No more cone of shame {at least for the time being}! Thank you all for your well wishes and good thoughts about her :)


Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

8 comments :

  1. oh yay for the stitches coming out! and your mother in law is the sweetest!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're so happy that the stitches are out too :) I think Louie is also relieved, because she dreaded those prescribed eye drops so much!

      Delete
  2. It all looks so nice - your MIL seems like a really sweet person. How thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, she really is! :) I'm lucky to have her in my life.

      Delete
  3. awww, your mother in law is so sweet! What is a migraine wrap?! does it work? I need one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm lucky to have a mother in law like her :)

      My hubby thought that the migraine wrap would help me with my headaches. Luckily, I haven't had the need to use it yet {I tend to get severe headaches to mild migraines often} so I can't assess if it's helpful or not...But the idea is to cool the wrap (enclosed in a plastic ziplock bag) in the freezer for at least 2 hours, and wrap it around your head to ease the tension. My neurologist explained to me in the past that it's a type of method called "cryotherapy" and it works by numbing the painful tissues, reducing muscle spasms and decreasing inflammation. The wrap can also be heated in the microwave, which is supposedly good for when your allergies flare up. I'll let you know if it proves to be helpful! :)

      Delete
  4. I liked that you guys kept your V-day low key, nothing too fancy
    but just extra touch of sweetness c:
    The chocolate cupcake dessert looks goood!
    And you sure have the best mother-in-law in the world! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That chocolate cupcake was delish! I wish I could have it right now...Haha.

      Delete