Valentine's Day Weekend & Updates

Is it just me or does it seem like February has been a "no chill" month? Every weekend has been filled up with events on my calendar, which is rare because I look forward to decompress on my days off {curling up on the couch with my two loves, my hubby and Louie, with a cup of tea....might sound boring to some of you, but it sounds like a dream to me}.

Busy is good, though. It keeps my creative juices flowing, and I feel productive and needed as well. So what have I been busy with lately? Well, last weekend my sister-in-law was briefly visiting from NYC so we were quite busy with family gatherings, and my best friend recently got engaged and is ready to tie the knot in June, so I have been busy planning her bridal shower and bachelorette weekend. Oh, and I finally signed up for a sewing class next weekend! I'm so excited to learn the basics of using a sewing machine because I've always envied people that are able to sew their own curtains and clothes! I also purchased my very first embroidery hoop art kit and am excited to get it in the mail. Is it weird that I get excited about projects most ladies around my age consider "granny-like"? I really wish home-ec was offered to me when I was growing up -- I could've got a head start :)

This weekend is Valentine's day. Are you doing anything fun? It's our first Valentine's as a married couple, but I think we're still going to keep it low-key. Maybe watch a movie and get a quick bite to eat during the day? We made cake balls for the first time together to show some love and appreciation to his parents and for his colleagues, and I think they turned out great! Hope they like 'em!



I also have a co-worker that's expecting a baby boy soon, so I made her this crochet hedgehog rattle toy following this pattern:



Louie is doing well, too. The pathologist ran a test on the growth from her lower eyelid, and it was determined that the growth was due to either an inflammation from an insect bite or a benign tumor, which is the more likely case. The bottom line is that she is healthy {hooray!} and she will have her stitches removed soon.


Hope you all enjoy the weekend! xx

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

9 comments :

  1. Glad to hear Louie is better now and so exciting about your sewing class!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cake balls did turn out well! and so did your crochet project! i can't wait to hear about your sewing classes!! and embroidery!! so many fun things!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane! I'll blog about the sewing class and the embroidery project soon :)

      Delete
  3. Ohhh the cake balls looks really good c;
    Reminds me of cake pops!
    Have fun learning at the sewing class too!
    The rattle toy you've made looks really
    cute and happy to hear Louise is doing
    alot better too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mei! Funny you should mention that; we were initially going to make cake pops but we were too lazy to buy the sticks for them, and made the cake balls instead! Haha.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear Louie is ok. Are you also getting lots of comments when you walk Louie about Miss P, the beagle that won the westminister? haha Dug's getting lots of attention from stranger these days all because Miss P did well ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that Miss P won! She is such a cutie, and of course I was rooting for her, but she wasn't the crowd favorite. I just found out that there's several beagles that were rescued and are up for adoption in Encinitas (http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/feb/23/rescued-beagles-popular-rancho-coastal-humane/)! The puppies look SO cute! I wish I could adopt one, but I think the competition is tough -- Miss P's influence is phenomenal!

      Delete
    2. oh I saw that link as well! Wish I was in the position to adopt another pup!

      Delete