Louie's snow experience









Back in December, my husband and I decided to take an impromptu visit to Big Bear with Louie. It's about a 2 hour drive from Los Angeles -- perfect for a short getaway. We have been making an informal bucket list for Louie and having her experience snow has been one of them. From looking at photos of other beagles on Instagram, we thought she'd have tons of fun. But to be honest, I don't think she enjoyed running around in the snow very much -- especially since it was the icy, slick kind and not the fluffy, soft kind of snow that day. 





Nevertheless, it was an adventure for the three of us! We actually didn't stay very long because it was so crowded that day and parking was very difficult to find. Next time, we'll plan ahead and book a small cottage and spend a weekend there. Maybe Louie will warm up to the snow next time around.

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

10 comments :

  1. Sounds like a lovely short getaway in the cold c;
    I wished Louie walked on softer fresh snow in
    the area you guys were, but darn the scenery is
    beautiful! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have you had any snowfall in your area lately?

      Delete
  2. Love your spontaneity! You cool kids have a lot of fun together. Hope Louie has a better snowy experience next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha. omg i love the one where louie is looking at the deer statue!! and a weekend getaway sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, she kept looking back at the deer statue even when we were trying to get back into the car. Fun times!

      Delete
  4. Your dog is co adorable!
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Follow me and let me know and I will follow you back sweetheart! ❤ Waiting for your reply.
    Love always,
    monikaozdoba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw so cute. I've only been to Big Bear once but would love to go back. What a treat!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Funny you should mention that -- my husband and I live fairly close/close enough to visit Big Bear more often, but we haven't. Hopefully we'll make more trips this year!

      Delete