Thanksgiving 2014

Tomorrow we celebrate Thanksgiving in America -- a day to gather and celebrate friends, family, and food.

If my memory serves me right, I think I was ill and miserable around this time last year. Thankfully, I am in good health this year! Ever since I was a child, I've had a low immune system and would easily catch a cold or flu, especially during the fall to winter months. This year, I've been exercising and/or stretching throughout the week, and have been trying to eat more fresh vegetables and fruits -- and I think it's been helping me ward off germs. Staying healthy means that I can better take care of others in times of need as well. Good health is oftentimes taken for granted, and I am appreciative that all of the special people in my life have been relatively healthy this year.

I am also very thankful for the special dog in my life, Louie. I have suffered from bouts of mild depression from time to time, and ever since we've had her in our lives, she has made me feel positive and happy. As a token of my appreciation and as a belated birthday present for Louie, I purchased our first Barkbox -- a monthly subscription catered to pups!


Here are the items that were included in this month's package (I decided to do two months worth):

  • Swag Company Cornucopia (toy)
  • Petmate Chef Heggies (toy)
  • Caru Pet Food Company Beef Stew
  • Plato EOS Turkey & Sweet Potato Treats
  • Safemade Apawthecary Cleaning Wipes




Louie is so pleased with these items, which makes me very happy {her favorite is the cornucopia toy}! We plan to feed her the beef stew tomorrow, so she can have a special dinner like the rest of us. Thank you Louie, for just being you.

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving, and hope you are able to spend time with your loved ones :)

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

8 comments :

  1. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Oh and what goodies in the Barkbox! Louie looks so happy! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane! I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving too :)

      Delete
  2. I'm sure Louie enjoyed her special dinner! ;)
    Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving as well :)

      P.S. Louie gobbled up her special dinner in what seemed like seconds :O

      Delete
  3. Always take good care of yourself and your body!
    I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving ^__^
    This Barkbox is such a cute idea! Love the content!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete