We Do: The Reception, part 3

Did you enjoy the 4th of July weekend? I did -- I really needed that break! Life's been pretty hectic for me lately, and I just needed some time to unwind. The husband & I enjoyed going to the dog park, going to our favorite lighthouse, and relaxing in general.

Posts about our wedding should be coming to an end soon. In case you missed it, I'm continuing from We Do: The Reception part 1 and part 2. Today I'm going to focus on the fun stuff we had goin' on at our wedding -- like the bouquet toss, cake cutting, s'mores, etc.






Bouquet toss {by the way...I changed out of my bridal dress after our first dance! Right after we were engaged, I had envisioned that we would have a very small wedding at a courthouse and this is the dress I planned to wear for the big day. It hung neatly in my closet for over a year and I decided the week before our wedding that it would make a special appearance on the big day. I bought it at a vintage shop in Los Angeles. Oh, and fun fact: my friend is carrying Louie as part of the "single ladies" crew. Can you spot her?}:





So we have a funny story about our cake cutting experience. We never really paid attention to other couples cutting the cake {usually there are always photographers swarming the couple at this time}, so when it came time to cutting our own, we didn't know where to cut. We asked the coordinator and our photographer next to us where we should cut, but I guess they couldn't hear us...So we said, "Oh well! Let's just cut into the first tier." {oops} Haha. I guess we should've known better. We took the first tier home with us and it's in the freezer now for our first year anniversary, but it's been partially cut already.



S'mores station:




We also had some brave people on the dance floor! Needless to say, I have two left feet so I did not partake in this activity, haha. Dancing for me is only reserved in the dark, preferably alone.


We had the wedding of our dreams thanks to our friends and family. It was a day full of smiles and laughter. Love you, mean it! xo.



Photo credit: Jennifer Fujikawa Photography (http://jenfujphotography.com)

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

10 comments :

  1. i love your vintage dress! you look so pretty in it! and i love that louie came out for the bouquet toss! how adorable is that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane! Haha. Louie alllllmost caught the bouquet, too!

      Delete
  2. Lovelovelove your party dress ^___^
    the entire decoration is again, lovely!
    Love the s'more station as well :P so
    unique! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! s'mores is linked to a very nostalgic feeling for me {e.g. summer camp, bonfires, etc.}, so I'm so glad it was incorporated into our wedding :)

      Delete
  3. I love these photos. Your dress is amazing! You look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning wedding. Love the chairs and table setting and the mountains as a backdrop. Seriously love this - you should submit this to a wedding magazine I reckon!

    ReplyDelete