We Do: Getting Ready


I have a tip for future brides and bridesmaids: Do NOT underestimate how much time you will need to get ready on the big day! & practice delegating, if you can.

On the morning of our wedding, I woke up at 6 am and walked around downtown Palm Springs with Louie, our beagle. It was already bright outside, but the temperature was comfortable, about 75 degrees {the previous afternoon was a scorching 108 degrees). The streets were bare -- a stark difference from the night before when people were drunk and rowdy, and the streets were jam packed with loud laughter and blaring dance music. It was a peaceful morning, and I'm glad I got to spend some quality time with Louie before all the rush.

Around 7 am, the girls and I walked a few blocks to a cozy French cafe and leisurely ate breakfast {fresh crepes & quiche! yum}. Louie came with us, of course. I fed her a few strawberries for being so well behaved.


About an hour later, we headed back to the hotel and I called the bell boy to take my dress, veil, platters of cookies, and other miscellaneous items to load in my car. This is the point where we sped up our pace; my girls got ready on their own and my wonderful hair & makeup artist came around 8:45 am and worked her magic on me!















We finished around 11:30 am and I drove as my maid-of-honor held Louie in her arms {my car was jam packed so my other two bridesmaids drove separately}. Luckily for me, it was Sunday so there wasn't much traffic, but it still took us close to 45 minutes to get to the venue. Oops, I told my parents and my three other friends who offered to help as my decorating team to arrive to the venue by 12 pm! I was 15 minutes late.

Once we got to the venue, I quickly touched base with the event coordinator and this is where it was a bit stressful for me. It was my fault, in all candor. I was the only one that knew where and how to place all of the decorations that I DIY-ed, so everyone came to me all at once. Everyone was trying to help me but because I am not very good at delegating under stress, it made me feel a bit overwhelmed. Oh, not to mention, at this point I didn't even realize that the table arrangement was different from what I requested during our wedding questionnaire meeting a month ago, which caused a brief confusion for some of our guests -- oh well! To my dismay, I was rushing so much that I forgot to put sunscreen on my body & as a result, I still have a tank top tan to this day. By about 1:15 pm, my photographer urged me to leave the rest to the event coordinator and to start getting dressed {lol}!







Once I started getting dressed, I felt calm again. I think it helped that I was surrounded by my bridesmaids who have been there for me since day one. I've been fortunate to have such great friends; we go all the way back to middle school!

Around 1:45 pm, the groom & the groomsmen arrived, along with my parents-in-law. Our photographer captured our "first look" moments, group shots, etc., and before I knew it, it was already 2:30 pm -- time to line up for the ceremony {our ceremony was at 3 pm}!

Seriously, I thought waking up at 6 am for a ceremony starting at 3 pm would be PLENTY of time, but I could've used another hour to get ready! :)


Photo credit: Jennifer Fujikawa Photography (http://jenfujphotography.com

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

6 comments :

  1. Oh my, what a process! It's really a necessary to
    start off really early :P thanks for showing the
    whole process! You have gorgeous red hair c:
    And that gown is beautiful!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pictures of you getting ready are gorgeous! your veil is really stunning! so great that you were surrounded by wonderful bridesmaids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Really, my girls are wonderful. I couldn't have asked for better friends.

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you had lovely bridesmaids to keep you calm and composed after the stressful events of the day. You look beautiful!! More photos please!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! More posts with the photos are on the way ;)

      Delete