We Do; The Ceremony, part 3

Continued from We Do: The Ceremony, part 1 and part 2.

A marriage makes two fractional lives a whole;It gives two purposeless lives a work and doubles the strength of each to perform it;It gives two questioning natures a reason for living; and something to live for.It will give a new gladness to the sunshine;A new fragrance to the flowers;A new beauty to the earth;And a new mystery to life. 

- Mark Twain

I've always preferred weddings that incorporate at least one surprise for the guests. Our surprise for the guests was the horse carriage ride {the venue is so awesome that they provide this for the bride & groom!}. While the rest of the bridal party walked down the aisle, my parents and I sat in the carriage at the top of the venue. Originally, my mom did not want to walk me down the aisle {she had never heard of both the mom & dad walking the bride down the aisle}, but I had to keep reminding her she is just as important as my father, and that it would mean the world to me if they both walked me down the aisle. It took a lot of convincing, but I think she was happy of the end result. I know I was!











Our ceremony was short and sweet, maybe around 15 minutes. My maid of honor told me later that it was the shortest ceremony she ever witnessed to this date {lol}. I know for a lot of brides and grooms, the ceremony is probably the most important aspect of the wedding, and it is typically much longer. For us, we knew we wanted a concise and straight-to-the-point ceremony without us having to stand at the stage for an extended time. Plus, we couldn't wait to be announced as the new Mr. & Mrs.!




Photo credit: Jennifer Fujikawa Photography (http://jenfujphotography.com)

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

12 comments :

  1. I think if I get married, I think I'm gonna hold a short
    ceremony as well, because I don't like being the
    center of attention for a long time :P haha
    Anyway gorgeous pictures again! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yep, same thought process -- we don't like being the center of attention either :D

      Delete
  2. A magical horse carriage ride!!! Your wedding looks like something out of a fairy tale. A very good friend of mine had both her parents walk her down the aisle too. I thought it was very sweet and special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful carriage ride! it's magical :) and i think it's great that both your parents walked you down the aisle. i think it's a lovely gesture. and 15 minute ceremony! i dig it! ours was 30 minutes and i was trying to cut it down to 20 but we had so many people who wanted to be a part of it and some folks who we couldn't cut. haha. such great pictures~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos ! It's really beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers. Wedding of the century, it appears. Looks like something straight out of a novel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. horse carriage ride! awww that's cute, and the weather looked fantastic for it too. and 15 min that's awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, we were so thankful that the weather was great on our wedding :) I think the weather is every couples' worry for an outdoors wedding!

      Delete