bridal luncheon 03.30.14



This past Sunday, my bridesmaids (sans one of them who is currently in Ohio...we miss her!) threw a bridal luncheon for me :) My bestie/maid-of-honor made a mini crown with a veil for me to wear for the day, and my sisters brought me balloons in my wedding color scheme.




We noshed on yummy and healthy entrees, like the seared ahi tuna salad, and sipped on mimosas. My sisters shared their marriage advice, and my two friends shared some of their experiences from past weddings they've attended. The funniest topic we talked about was how incredibly difficult it is to go to the restroom with a wedding gown on (depending on the type of gown)! My sisters also told me I should eat before the ceremony, as I probably won't have much time to eat on our wedding day because I will be busy tending to something else (thanking guests, talking to vendors, dancing, taking photos, etc., etc.). Maybe we'll have to order room service after the wedding!


And of course we shared dessert! A bittersweet chocolate mousse with whipped cream & pecan brittle topping (on the left) and goat cheesecake with graham cracker streusel & fresh berries (on the right). So heavenly!


It was a great opportunity for me to hand out their gifts as well! I'm glad they were pleased :) The girls have and continue to shower me with a ton of love and support throughout this entire process, so I tried my hardest to find the perfect gifts for them. I love each and every one of these girls, so much.


Oh, and I thought it was about time that I showed my face on my blog, so here I am! I'm taking a huge step {for me} because I am super paranoid about sharing photos of myself on the internet!

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

3 comments :

  1. oh how sweet! such a warm feeling to be surrounded by wonderful friends! i didn't eat during my wedding (well that's a whole other story) and i held it in and didn't go to the bathroom the entire time! i'm such a nut if i think about it.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! That's pretty much what my sisters said. It's so funny because from an outsider's perspective, brides always seem so elegant and put together, but in their minds they must be thinking, "Must not drink too much water or alcohol..." lol.

      Delete
  2. Oh what fun! You are glowing, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete