Sunshine Blogger

I was recently tagged by Jane from Always With Yoo as a sunshine blogger {thank you, Jane!}. The general idea is similar to the Liebster Blog Award in that fellow bloggers have the opportunity to exchange Q&A and get to know a little bit more about each other. There seems to be flexibility in the guidelines of the sunshine blogger award, so I will do the following:

  • share 5 random facts about me (different from this post)
  • answer 5 questions from Jane, and 
  • pass the award onto 2 other blogs and ask them 5 questions.


5 random facts about me:
1. Red is my favorite nail polish color, especially for my hands!

2. I am horrible with directions when it comes to geography {east? west? which way is that? just tell me the cross streets!}. I depend on my GPS navi all the time.

3. I am somewhat embarrassed and disappointed that my body has a very low tolerance for alcohol. All of my friends drink wine and beer like it's water, but I turn beet-red with only a few sips of any type of alcohol.

4. I hog the blankets {unintentionally}. I wake up to find my fiance next to me curled up, trying to keep himself warm every morning with barely any blankets on him. Whoops. 

5. Jemaine Clement, John Mulaney, and Louis C.K. are my favorite comedians.



Questions from Jane & my answers below:
1. where is your happy place?
My happy place is definitely at home, with my fiance and our beagle, Louie.

2. how do you unwind from a stressful day?
Light an aroma candle, dim the lights, drink hot tea, curl up in a ball and watch comedies on Netflix.

3. what is the one act of kindness that you still remember to this day?

My fiance and I came across a stray german shepherd in our neighborhood several months ago. He wasn't wearing a collar, so it was difficult for us to identify his owner, if he had one. We took him in our backyard and fed him for the night {it was too late in the evening to call our city animal control office}. He was very skiddish, but I knew he had a gentle soul. The next morning, we called animal control because we figured he might be microchipped, and his owner may be identified that way. We knew we were supposed to contact animal control, but the turn of events that occurred was unexpected. We were very disappointed and angry with how the worker from animal control handled the situation. The worker kept yelling and chasing him with a choker, instead of coaxing the dog to come with him. Of course the dog was scared for his life! The dog jumped over our gate {to our surprise; he seemed like a grandpa!} and ran away. The worker was pissed and gruntled, "Oh, I'll get him." and sped off. I hope the dog ran for his freedom, and was never caught. If we come across another stray dog, we'll be sure to take him/her to the nearest animal shelter ourselves instead of going through animal control.

4. what is a cause that is near and dear to you? and why?
Beagle Freedom Project is a non-profit organization that is near and dear to my heart.

Beagles are the most popular breed for lab use because of their friendly, docile, trusting, forgiving, people-pleasing personalities. The research industry states that beagles adapt well to living in cages and are inexpensive to feed. Testing done on beagles in university and other research facilities include medical/pharmaceutical, household products and cosmetics. They're in stainless steel cages in lab rooms with no windows, no overhead lights, no companions...The only interaction they have is when they are taken out of the cage to be poisoned or experimented on. When these beagles have "fulfilled" such research duties, the people behind the Beagle Freedom Project work closely with the labs to find a loving home for these beagles.

5. share one tip or advice on anything - life, school, work, on living a happy life, etc.
It's prudent to have a well established work-life balance. Sometimes, we get caught up in the constant to-do lists we feel we *need to* accomplish that we forget about quality time with your friends and families. Or, maybe you're spending too much time on others that you forget to take care of yourself. Try to take a step back and ask yourself, "What is my priority?" I have to ask myself this question every so often to keep myself sane. Don't always say "Yes" to extra work that is being handed to you -- learn when to say "No" or ask for help when needed {this is a step that I need to work on too, since I tend to tackle on projects by myself}.


2 people I'm tagging:
1. Megan from Scott Sister Style
2. Mei from Ice Pandora

5 questions for them:
1. What is your fondest childhood memory?
2. What is your favorite trait about yourself?
3. What is your dream occupation?
4. What is your favorite DIY project that you have accomplished thus far?
5. Share your favorite cookie recipe for the holidays?

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

7 comments :

  1. My body can't really take alcohol as well, if I take
    a shot I'll be gone within a few minutes haha..
    I love beagles, and seeing that picture really ache
    my heart :c
    Also I'd like to thank you for tagging me! I'm
    going to post it soon ^^ Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved reading your post! Thank you for taking the time :)

      Delete
  2. so sorry to hear about the german shepherd story! i once canceled my day's plans to save a raccoon and squirrel. thankfully the folks i called were really nice. i had no idea there was a raccoon rescue group in the neighborhood i once worked at. and i heard of the beagle freedom project! that picture breaks my heart. i've gotten to know several beagle owners who have raised awareness on animal/beagle testing. i've gotten to know about leaping bunny and try to buy my products from there. thanks for sharing your answers. it's so nice to get to know you this way :) hope you enjoyed your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I still think about the german shepherd today :( I hope he is ok. That is so nice that you saved a raccoon and squirrel! I think most people would look the other way.

      Thanks for tagging me! I had a lot of fun completing this post :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you Cindy for tagging us as sunshine bloggers! We just posted our responses to your great questions! Happy 2014.
    ~megan and sydney (Sister Style)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan! I loved reading your post :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Cindy!

    Happy 2014. Thank you for tagging us as sunshine bloggers. Our post is up on the blog (Sister Style).

    ~m&s

    ReplyDelete