Thankful





It's been a real tough couple of days. I was hit with a pretty severe stomach virus over the weekend. For the first two days, I was only able to stomach ice cubes and sips of Gatorade. Now onto the third day, I am finally able to eat a bowl of chicken noodle soup. 

Just seeing food on the TV or smelling my fiancé cook food in the kitchen made me so nauseous. I know I need to at least try to hold down some liquids to avoid dehydration, but my body has been rejecting everything. I get the stomach virus from time to time, but this time around, it's a whole different experience. I haven't felt this weak and helpless in some time.



Louie & my fiancé have been great. Lou has been really comforting and she hops on the bed to lie down next to me (she usually only does this on the weekends) to keep me company. She also keeps me warm. 

My fiancé is the best. He has been waking up earlier than usual to feed and walk Louie (I typically handle the AM routine) and he's been letting me sleep in. He's also sleeping on the couch while I'm sleeping in our bedroom. He made me soup and stocked our fridge with Gatorade, apple sauce, crackers, and bananas. He got a hold of my carpool buddy to let her know what's going on. 

It's almost thanksgiving. I'm sad I won't be able to nosh on the usual family feast this year. It's time to give thanks, and although I always try to give thanks on an everyday basis, this thanksgiving I'm going to give extra thanks to my fiancé & Louie for helping me get through this stomach virus. 

What are you thankful for? 

Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

10 comments :

  1. oh no! i hope you feel better soon!! sending healing thoughts. and kudos to your fiance and louie! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i think your healing thoughts are working -- i'm feeling better today :) happy early thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm feeling much better now :) hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving!

      Delete
  3. aww I hope you are feeling better by now and eating enough to make up for lost time!

    On another note, I was flipping through channels today and caught a bit of "Cats and Dogs" ...the main character is a beagle name Lou ....had to ask, is that how you named your dog? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I missed out on all the good stuff on Thanksgiving, but I'm able to eat normal things now, so all is good!

      That is so funny about "Cats and Dogs"! That is a happy coincidence :) We ended up naming our beagle after one of our favorite comedians, Louis C.K. Haha.

      Delete
  4. aw what a bummer to read that you were not feeling well for Thanksgiving. Hopefully, you are feeling much better now! =)
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm feeling much better now :)

      Delete
  5. Hope you are feeling better!! Your fiance sounds wonderful!

    ~megan (scottsisterstyle.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete