liebster blog award

I was recently tagged by Megan from scott sister style to do the Liebster Blog Award! Yipee! Thank you for the opportunity, Megan :)

Liebsterblogaward

The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say “you’re doing a great job”. It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it’s also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs and get them more readers and followers!
When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person(s) who nominated you. You pass the Award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions. You’re not allowed to nominate the blog(s) who nominated you!

So, I'm going to break the rules here just a wee bit. I'm going to do 5 random facts about me, answer 11 questions from Megan, and pass the award onto 2 other blogs and ask them 11 questions.

5 random facts about me:
1. I am double jointed.
2. I was born in the U.S., but soon after I moved to Japan and spent my childhood there. I moved back to the U.S. when I was 5 years old.
3. I want to add more oddities to my collection. I have a fascination with bones and skulls (only the legal ones, of course!).
4. My Pandora station is a mix of reggae, 90's rap, acid jazz, indie rock, 50's crooners, and Michael Jackson.
5. We named our beagle after one of our favorite comedians, Louis C.K. {aka Louie}.

Questions from Megan & my answers below:
1. What is your favorite thing to do at home in your free time?
I like to plop down on the couch with my fiance and our beagle and watch TV (usually "Parks & Recreation" or "Louie" (Louis C.K.)). I will usually be crocheting something or petting Louie's ears. We're such couch potatoes.
2. Favorite drink?
Matcha green tea. Hot apple cider is a close second.
3. Favorite dessert?
Lychee gelato.
4. Describe the best date night with your partner in the past year?
Sometime in June or July, we spent the entire day doing things on a whim. We drove around looking for a place to eat brunch and stumbled upon a farmer's market on the way. After that, we walked further and stumbled upon a fair/carnival and ate really unhealthy but oh-so-delicious street food. We also bought some items from the street vendors and decided to watch a few performances on stage. It was a wonderful day!
5. Favorite staple piece from your wardrobe?
Black flats. Goes with anything and so comfy :)
6. Favorite song to sing & dance to currently?
MJ "Wanna be Startin' Somethin'"
7. Favorite work out?
Just Dance on XBOX360. SOO FUN!! :) I look silly playing the game, but it's a lot of fun. It's best when I get to play with one or two more players so that we all look silly together.
8. Favorite way to clear your mind and de-stress after a busy week?
Light an aroma candle, dim the lights, drink hot tea, curl up in a ball and watch comedies on Netflix.
9. What is your favorite food to "veg out" on?
Fuji apple. Or street tacos with avocado and hot sauce. mmm, yum.
10. What do you feel is the best part about blogging?
I think the best part about blogging is being able to express your thoughts & share experiences + photos with fellow bloggers. 
11. What is your favorite season and why?
My favorite season is the summer because the weather is usually predictable (especially in Los Angeles), and the days seem longer so I feel like I can accomplish more things before dusk.

2 people I'm tagging (they may have more than 200 followers...I'm not sure):
1. Jane from always with yoo.
2. Crystal from no eye has seen, no ear has heard.

11 questions for them:
1. Who is your favorite author?
2. Name three favorite online shopping websites.
3. What does your ideal wedding dress look like (color, shape, designer, simple, vintage, etc.)?
4. What is your favorite DIY project that you have accomplished thus far?
5. If you had an option to live in a different decade other than the current one, which would you choose?
6. What is your favorite trait about yourself?
7. Where is your favorite retreat (a place to find inner peace)?
8. Do you believe in love at first sight? What about soul mates?
9. What is your dream occupation?
10. Would you rather live in the city or the country? Why?
11. What inspired you to start a blog?





Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

6 comments :

  1. Hi Cindy!

    Love your random facts =) and responses to the eleven questions.

    - Lychee gelato sounds AMAZING!
    - I am such a couch potato too!
    - The date night (and day) you described sounds wonderful!

    Loved reading this post. Thanks!

    ~Megan (Sister Style)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan! I wish I could pass on the 11 questions to you too! :)

      Delete
  2. thank you~~ woot woot! i'll have to do a post. but i'm so bad at doing these! and it was so great to read about you! do you still remember your childhood in japan? you know it's our dream to go there. we're saving up to go next year. crossing our fingers! eep :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Looking forward to your post :)

      I remember bits and pieces about my childhood in japan. Like, how my mom and I always walked everywhere or took the train to get around the city {which is so rare to do in Los Angeles}. & how delicious the food is over there {and the presentation, my goodness!}. & I also remember that the parks over there were much more fun and interactive than the ones here in L.A. I was really disappointed when I went to a park in L.A. for the first time when I moved back, haha.

      Japan is so fun to visit! I hope you and your husband can go next year. It's been nearly a decade since the last time I traveled there, so a lot has probably changed by now.

      Delete
  3. lovely blog :)
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete