it's the small things that make us happy

I saw this piece at our nearby thrift store and knew I had to have it. I'm still not sure what trinkets I'm going to store in them yet. Most likely jewelry or candy :) They are beautiful on their own though.




We also toured a few hotels near our wedding venue recently. We need to find a hotel that allows pets so that Lou will be able to sleep with us. At one of the hotels we toured, the hotel manager informed us that it is their tradition to leave a small rubber ducky in each room for their guests as a "welcome" gesture. The room we happened to tour had a beagle ducky, so I squealed in delight when I saw it. What are the odds, right? The hotel manager chuckled and let me take home the duck :)




Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

2 comments :

  1. love what you found there. it does look nice on its own! but filling it with something would look just as nice :) i love lou. her face!! it's so adorable. i wish we had piri with us for the wedding and afterwards. it's one of those things we kinda regret :) that beagle duck story is so cute. so meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it was really important for us to have Louie at our wedding...so needless to say, that cut down a lot of options for us to find our wedding venue (which is why it's kinda in the middle of nowhere)!

      Delete