cake, cake, cake, cake.





We met with our baker a few weeks ago. We placed an order on our wedding cake! It will be ivory, four tiers, with a ruffled design (we also asked our florist to decorate the cake tastefully with fresh flowers). We had 5 tastings -- the raspberry victorian (their signature cake), the strawberry victorian, lemon snow queen, red velvet, and german chocolate. All were yummy, but we decided to go with strawberry victorian for the first and third tier & raspberry victorian for the second and fourth tier. We agreed that these two flavors were the not too sweet and not too tart, and would perfectly reflect an early summer vibe for our wedding in May.










Over the weekend I also made the cake topper. I thought about buying one from etsy, but it was actually pretty simple and fun to make! I also saved a few bucks by going the DIY route {it cost me less than $7 for all the materials}. I'm glad I made it. The items I used were: burlap, yellow felt (for the back), yellow baker's twine, 2 skewer sticks, a Sakura pen-touch metallic ink marker in white, & of course, my go-to item, a glue gun! 

Now the only thing left to do is to buy a whole cake {ideally from Porto's Bakery} so we can test it out before the big day!





Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

8 comments :

  1. your cake sounds delicious and amazing! i had so many quirks about my wedding planning. we didn't even get to do a taste x( and i love your diy bunting flags for the cake topper. thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      That is a bummer that you weren't able to have a cake tasting session! Did you like the end result of your wedding cake?

      Delete
  2. First of all, congratulations with getting married really c:
    The wedding cake sounds amazing! And the cake topper
    is really cute ^^Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. yumm Porto's! Is that where you're getting your wedding cake from? genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wish! our wedding venue has contracted vendors, so we had to go with this particular baker near the venue site. but I will definitely get a whole cake from Porto's soon because you know, we haaaave to test out the cake topper ;)

      Delete
  4. yes of course! In fact, since you've reminded me of Porto's I might have to go get a whole cake myself and put my old cake topper on ...you know, just to make sure it still works ;)

    ReplyDelete