bride's bouquet

We met with our florist a few weeks back and we've decided on our floral arrangements for our wedding :)

We did a little bit of research for the style of cake we wanted, but we didn't do much research about the style of arrangements or type of flowers we'd want {oops}. I just knew I wanted the flowers to be bright, fresh, and elegant.

As soon as we sat down with the florist, I showed him our wedding palette. He understood our "vision" and style right away and asked, "So you want it to be a little bit vintage and rustic, but young at the same time. Right?" Yes, right on!

We then proceeded to talk about colors. I told him that I wanted pops of colors (mainly yellow, with a touch of orange and greens) for my bouquet to reflect our sunshine state, California {technically, I think they refer to Florida as the sunshine state but I think California gets plenty of sun too!}. We looked through his catalog of the various types of flowers within the color scheme, and we decided on the following... My bouquet will consist of:

bride's bouquet



I especially love the yellow ranunculus -- so pretty! I like that there's a lot of different textures mixed in, too. I'll do a separate post for the various types of floral arrangements that we chose for the bridal party, groom & groomsmen :)


Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

6 comments :

  1. Vintage and rustic, how well is this combination!
    The pickings is nice and I can't wait to see it as
    in a bouquet c: Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! same here, i can't wait to see all of those flowers in an actual bouquet! :)

      Delete
  2. i love this. so pretty. yellow is the sunniest, brightest color. my favorite. your bouquet is going to wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! same here, yellow is my favorite color {although you wouldn't be able to tell this from my wardrobe...all my clothes are monotone, haha}!

      Delete
  3. I love ranunculus too. Love all the flowers you picked. I'm sure your wedding bouquet will look just lovely.

    ReplyDelete