Wedding for an Introvert



I am without a doubt, an introvert. I am a very private individual and I much prefer being alone versus being immersed into a group gathering. I wasn't always like this; I used to be an extrovert until late into my high school years. Things started to change by the time I was a senior in high school, when I started to make it a point to only hang out with one or two friends at a time, and I really began to understand and embrace the meaning of "quality over quantity." Nowadays, I try to steer far away from group gatherings at all costs. I'm not sure why but even if I am enjoying the moment, I feel very tired and overwhelmed in that setting. Sometimes I even feel claustrophobic and become mute, and inevitably, zone out. So please, if I have ever turned down a group get-together, don't take it personal.

Needless to say, although I am ecstatic to be engaged, the thought of a wedding in all honesty brings me a tad bit of anxiety. 
It's a day when all eyes are on you. 
It's a day when you have to greet and talk to a lot of people.
It's a day when people take photographs and blast them on FB, twitter, and/or instagram (usually without your consent).
It's a day when you are the coordinator, host, and entertainer.
For an already awkward person, it seems like it would be a very awkward day. Is it just me? It must be.
If it were up to me, I would like to elope with my fiance and have our dog be there with us and quietly become husband and wife. But...marriage is not about being selfish and expecting to get what only one person from the duo wants. It's about compromise. I will make every effort to let things take its course and just go with the flow. 



Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

0 comments :

Post a Comment