LAX -> SEA -> PDX -> SEA -> LAX

It's been a while since my last update! I thought I'd start off my first post for 2012 with this clip (one of my favorite shows!):



So in December 2011, I took a trip to Seattle, WA and Portland, OR with my two close friends. We saw, ate, and conquered. Well, actually, the freezing cold conquered me as I ended up being terribly ill for two weeks. It was the first time I had to wear two to three layers of bottoms with about four to five layers on top! Being a Californian, I am really spoiled with great weather and sunshine. I have never seen so much constant rain until this trip. Actually, this was probably my first domestic trip to take during the winter to a colder destination. If I travel in the winter, I will go somewhere more tropical. Otherwise, I leave my traveling in the spring and summer. Anyway, Portland was amazing! Portlandia portrays an exaggerated, yet pretty accurate version of the city. Seattle was a little different from what I had envisioned-- it wasn't as lively or exciting as I thought it would be. Maybe everyone cool in Seattle left during the holidays, who knows?

Day 1 - exploring Seattle, WA

View of downtown Seattle from the Space Needle

Space Needle

Seattle Public Library (designed by none other than Rem Koolhas!)

inside the Seattle Public Library (auditorium, gift shop, and reading garden)

Seattle Public Library - reading garden

Pike's Place

fresh fruits @ Pike's Place

Day 2 - Olympic National Forest

Seattle ferry station

Ugliest rental car

Marymere Falls

Day 3 - Portland!

'Nuff said

VooDoo Doughnuts


Although extremely high in sugar and calories, if you are going to indulge, I recommend the maple bacon doughnut. The three of us barely finished one doughnut each because they were so sugary.

Lan Su Garden


Lan Su Garden

tea ceremony @ Lan Su Garden (rose tea, my favorite!)

Day 4 - Back to Seattle

infamous gum wall - even with my stuffy nose, I was able to smell the various types of gum from a distance (fruity, minty, etc.). It was sort of disgusting.


"stuck on you"


first Starbucks

fish throwing guy

bountiful fresh seafood! yum.



Share this:

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Hi there! My husband and I are newlyweds ♥ We adopted our beagle, Louie, in 2011. This blog allows me to chronicle our lives together as a family. Thank you for stopping by! WWW.KIDGRANNY.BLOGSPOT.COM

0 comments :

Post a Comment